You are ready to select a HISP Vendor and Implement Direct technology within your organization. Where to start?
- Review the list of HISP Vendors provided below. The vendors supported by the Tennessee’s Health eShare project are all part of the Direct Trust ‘Trust Bundle’.DirectTrust.org is a non-profit entity created by and for Direct community participants. Their goal is to develop and promote the best practices necessary to maintain security and trust within the Direct community and to foster widespread public confidence in the Directed exchange of health information. Read more about DirectTrust.org at http://www.directtrust.org/. To become part of the Trust Bundle, HISP Vendors agree that their trust anchors (digital certificates) will meet a common set of minimal policy requirements, and that they will exchange their trust anchors with other HISP Vendors, forming a Trust community. Read more about Direct Trust’s Trust Bundles at http://www.directtrust.org/trust-bundles/. For a complete listing of those vendors participating in the collection and exchange of Trust Anchors, go to https://bundles.directtrust.org/transitionalCommunityDetails.html.
- Contact those vendors of interest considering the following questions:
- How long will it take to establish DIRECT capability in my office?
- Can I integrate this into my existing EHR?
- How long are the terms of HISP vendor agreement (one year, etc.)?
- Can I transfer Direct email accounts should turnover occur?Be sure to ask about any related Direct implementation fees so you can compare vendors appropriately.
- After determining the ideal solution for your practice or facility, contact that vendor to begin the registration and implementation process.
- Once you receive your Direct email address and are implemented for Direct message exchange, revisit the Health eShare website (http://healthesharetn.com/) click on the Directory Registration button and register your Direct address in the online directory for Direct users.
- Your Direct information can then be included on the Directory webpage, http://healthesharetn.com/directory/, where Direct users can Search for and locate one another.
- You can also be added to the Health eShare ‘Who’s Using Direct’ webpage (http://healthesharetn.com/whos-using-direct/) that provides a geographical location point for your facility.
Health eShare partnerships maintain this website page to provide general information on DTAAP accredited HISP vendors. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the information, products, services or related graphics contained on the website. Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Health eShare. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them. Any financial projections given are illustrative only, none of the projections or assumptions should be taken as forecasts or promises on the part of Health eShare partnerships nor should they be taken as implying any indication, assurance or guarantee that those assumptions are correct or exhaustive. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.